Worked on many popular Norton consumer products like AntiVirus, 360,
Internet Security, Personal Firewall, SystemWorks, Utilities, Bootable
Recovery Tool, Security Scan, and Spyware Scan. Also, with their related
areas such as download managers, help, and web pages.
- Managed test modules and tasks in various areas in the software
products to find issues, report them, and get resolved to keep users
from running into issues for protections and cleanups.
- Reported issues into three inhouse bug tracker systems for
subsequent follow ups and closures between teams.
- Ran the inhouse and external tools, utilities, scripts,
certifications, and Intranet for manual and automated tests and
analyses. Used multiple labs, virtual machines (VMs), and computers to do analyses, tests (adhoc, smoke,
regression, black box, code coverage), and debugs.
- Examined multiple resources (e.g., functional specifications,
requirements, schedules, plans, and images) from Perforce, Lotus Notes,
e-mails, PowerPoint, and meetings to enhance my support and testing
- Created and managed test plans, cases, instructions, patches, rules, and matrices.
- Communicated with many developers/programmers/engineers, analysts,
specialists, technicians, testers, leads, managers, configuration
management (CM), technical support, users/customers/clients, and others
locally and globally through e-mails, instant messaging (IM), online
forums, usenet newsgroups, and in person. These also included numerous
reviews and postmortems.
- Supported Norton products through end to end software lifecycle
(planning, documentation, development, testing, prealpha, alpha, beta,
and maintenance (LiveUpdate)/support) to ensure quality product shipped
- Conducted strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT)
analysis on competitor products to more effectively market Norton
products and gain market share.
- Met requirements, tested (almost every builds like for their
acceptances), supported, and communicated with worldwide
vendors, partners, service providers, and original equipment
manufacturers (OEM) such as Comcast, EarthLink, American Online (AOL), Yahoo!, CenturyLink,
Telus, British Telecommunications (BT), NetZero, Sony, 1&1,
Lenovo, T-Online, SoftBank, Best Buy, Staples, Linksys, and Dell.
- Switched and adapted well to multiple active projects by being
flexible and prioritizing with no and little notices.
- Suggested ideas and recommendations for improvements such as better
online support externally (e.g., non-Symantec forums), changing
graphics (color issues for accessibility, usability, and color
blindness), adjusting usability designs (keyboard navigation pattern
glitches), and finding graphical user interface (GUI) issues with bigger
dots per inch (DPI) and nondefault users' colors.
- Received a Symantec A++ Award for excellence and many Symantec
Applause Awards from managers and colleagues for working with others and
resolving issues, and completing emergency tasks.